I was recently contacted by the PR of myDaily Meal to review their product. I was sceptical about it initially. However, since my friend Sindhu also tried and reviewed this product, I wanted to go ahead and try it.
I got the Vanilla/Original flavour to be reviewed. I forgot to tell them not to send Vanilla as I am not a big fan of it. Nevertheless, I did want to try the original flavour once it arrived as I might be biased and in favour if it was the chocolate flavour.
How the product was?
It is a clean neat packed powder, which can be mixed with cold water and had as a shake. The packaging, smell, and texture reminded me of Pedia Sure.
What the company claims?
myDaily Vanilla is the perfect meal replacement shake that gives you the exact nutrition as required by your body in the right proportions (Recommended Dietary Allowance for an adult as per Indian Council of Medical Research). It is intended to help you have an extremely convenient and healthy meal in less than a minute. It has no added preservatives, no artificial colours and is completely transfat free.
You can have myDaily as breakfast, lunch, snack or dinner. It is very convenient while travelling, in office during meetings, on an excursion or a trek and of course at home.
So, no more skipping meals and no more junk food! Just shake a meal with myDaily.
Did the product live up to the claim?
To be honest, yes I had this for breakfast and I wasn’t hungry for some good 5 hours. Even after 5 hours, I had lunch and it wasn’t because I was hungry. So, if you are travelling or trekking and need something to satisfy your hunger for hours together, this is the right choice.
What was good?
- The taste was quite fine. Neither sweet nor bland – it was just about perfect for a milk shake.
- The quantity was more than sufficient.
- It doesn’t make you feel unhealthy or overfilled.
What was not so good?
- It is an instant shake. I had 1/4th of the drink left, so I wanted to drink it after 2 hours, but it tasted like dust after a while. So you can’t carry it around. It needs to drunk in one shot.
- I would not prefer to have this every day. May be, while travelling, days I forget breakfast, etc. – yes!
- Seems to be a bit expensive – Rs. 175 Single Use Pack
Do I recommend? Yes, you might like it. Try a single sachet and then take a call.