Hi, gorgeous people,
Few weeks back, I was invited to attend style-up session with none other than the one & only Anaita Adajania. This was held on 12th February, 2016 at the Hard Rock Cafe, PMCC, Chennai.
I was pleasantly surprised to have been invited for it. It was such a privilege to be present among 74 other women who were selected exclusively to attend this session.
What the event was about?
As an exclusive reveal of the Phoenix Marketcity Chennai Spring-Summer Collection 2016, a select group of 75 ladies that are the crème-de-la-crème of Chennai are to have an exclusive opportunity to meet with Fashion Editor of Vogue and style mogul, Anaita Shroff Adajania.
Who were the featured ladies?
Yes, there were 5 prominent Chennai based ladies featured as Anaita’s models or should I say muse?
1. Arti Anirudha is a model based in Chennai and New York. Standing tall at 5’9″, she was spotted by a model choreographer in Bangalore in 2009.
2. Shitija Nahata, with three stores in Chennai and one in Bangalore, feeds the cupcake frenzy down South. If there’s one thing the lifelong Chennai resident knows about, it’s food.
3. Vimmi Deepak is definitely one of the most influential socialites in the city known for her impeccable sense of dressing. Chosen by Louis Vuitton Chennai as a face for their shows in Chennai, she is a great crowd puller.
4. Kamakshi Javandia is one of the founders of the hottest new fashion app on the block, ShopSkipper, along with co-founder Prerna Sakaria. Having recently won the HOT100 Tech awards 2015 held in Bombay, and listed as the “Top10 fastest growing Retail Companies” by The Silicon Review Magazine, ShopSkipper is a smart mobile app devised to enable retail buyers to discover stores in the city, check items selling in these stores.
5. Tanvi Shah is an award-winning Recording Artist/ Songwriter and one of the most sought after voices in the music industry today. She won the prestigious Grammy Award for Best Song Written for Motion Picture or Other Visual Media for her Spanish lyrics for the song “Jai Ho” from Slumdog Millionaire (2010), an award she shared with A.R. Rahman and lyricist Gulzar.
What were the participating brands?
ZARA, VERO MODA, PROMOD, KENNETH COLE, GUESS, STEVE MADDEN, CHARLES & KEITH
Some Key Fashion Tips Shared By Anaita:
1. Indo Ethnic is so in: Anaita said that styling Indian Ethnic wear in a contemporary way is so in. Be it a khadi skirt or a Tussar tunic, Indian wear are so in trend.
2. Denim with denim is back: Remember the times when in old TV Series we see ladies pairing a denim skirt with a denim shirt & so on? Well, it is back in fashion.
3. Color blocks: Do certain colors not suit you? Yet you wanna wear them? Use color blocks and use the most suitable color closer to your face & the least suitable closer to your feet.
4. Prints & prints can be tricky, but: Well, they are so in trend. One must just have the imagination & capability to style it right.
5. Modern brides are uber cool: Say bye to boring Red lehangas, off-shoulder choli, crop top on lehangas, and dhoti pants are so in. Be the unique bride/bridesmaid.
Mandatory Selfie With The Style Queen
Selfie With A Co-Blogger
I hope you now know the top 5 styling tips to look uber cool like Anaita’s models. If you enjoyed reading this post, share it across.