I love addressing my city as Madras and not as Chennai. Madras is the city I was born in, and to me Madras is where my cultural ties are. So, when my friend wanted me to have brunch with him at this place, I said yes! Solely because of this place’s name. However, why it is Madaras and not Madras is something that bothers me.
Location: It is present in the basement of Ispahani Centre. The parking is good at the Ispahani Centre.
Ambiance: A contemporary ambiance – it is more like a big kiosk. The furniture are elegant in wood. The walls were decorated with frames with B&W pictures (as shown in the photo).
Service: The service was quite slow. Despite the fact that there were only around 3 tables of customers.
Food: My friend had already dined in there and he said that their dosas are not that great. So, we wanted to try something else. They have a really quirky menu, but we decided to try just a few basics like:
- Cheesy Varuval: It’s french fries with cheese. It is served with Tomato Sauce. I feel that they should have kept pepper and salt on the table. They didn’t seem to have it.
- Podi FriedIdly: This is easily the best dish ever. If I have to pick the best idly I ever had this comes second in my list. First being, Ratna Cafe. The chilli powder used makes it yummier. This is served with white Chutney.
- Cheesy Bhel Puri Sandwich: This was somewhat nice, but I felt that the chutney wasn’t mixed properly. Also, there were a lot of papdi use that made it feel like a papdi sandwich and not Bhel Puri sandwich.
- Choco Kaapicino: (not in pictures) This was nothing but a normal Cappuccino with choco powder on it. I liked it, but the quantity was toooooooo low!
VFM: All these were priced together at Rs. 336 + Tax. I felt it was nominal.
- They didn’t have a couple of dishes that I asked for.
- You have ask for every dish. They don’t seem to bring it themselves.
- Quantity of hot beverages seem too small.
Do I recommend? Yes, especially for the Podi FriedIdly
Will I visit again? Yes. Only for the Podi FriedIdly
Overall rating: 3.25/5
Did you like this review? Click the like button below. Have something to add or ask? Comment below. Think someone would like this review? Share it across in FB. Want me to review your product, service, or restaurant? Message at I am Stri.