One thing that from my sister to a random stranger ask me is, “How you manage to have a clear skin through all the seasons?” Well, for starters, I don’t have a clear skin. I do have blemishes, freckles, and pores, which have reduced greatly in course of time, but what makes it look clear is that my skin is pimple free. Here is a proof!
So, how exactly do I manage to do this? Is pimple hereditary? Or is it due to climate? Well, I am no dermatologists to discuss on the history and origin of pimples. But, one thing that I have noticed from my experience is, pimples are caused during these stages:
2. PMS-ing time
4. Excessive Sweet/Oily food consumption
5. Unclean habits
8. Poking a pimple.
If you undergo any or all of these, then pimples become inevitable. However, from teenage till today, I would have got a maximum of one or two pimples. Why? Prevention is better than cure. Yes, I prevented pimples from occurring in the first place.
Here are some tips and tricks that I follow:
1. Pimples during Puberty and PMS-ing is inevitable, try washing your face with cold water not more than 3-4 times a day. Use a less chemical face wash and leave it to air-dry. Apply homemade toner or any good quality non-chemical skin toner and leave it for a while. Finish the look with a moisturizer or a day cream. Alternatively, ditch the cream and wear aloe vera or neem gel as a replacement for the cream moisturizer.
2. Never poke a pimple. DOT. If it itches, apply some rose water and neem gel, tea tree oil, or aloe vera gel on it.
3. While traveling, try to carry lots of sunscreen (preferably the non oily finish ones), and try to cover your face while driving. As soon as you enter your room from travel, wash your face with a clear neem/ aloe vera face wash and leave it to dry before applying any cream or gel.
4. Massage your face a little while using a face wash. I use Garnier Pure Active Neem Face Wash for quite sometime now and it is translucent and lathers well. It is also very much soft on my skin. Try using such face washes. Compared to purely chemical face washes, face washes with natural neem, aloe vera, and/or tea tree oil content helps in cleaning dirt, removing excessive oils, as well in rejuvenating the skin.
5. Pimple care regime starts from inside. Consume healthy foods, don’t eat unhealthy fats. I am a Ghee/Butter/Cheese loving person, still that doesn’t affect my skin because of the balance between fat and other nutrients. Also, go for good quality sweets and snacks.
6. Exercise. Fresh and rejuvenated skin needs ample amount of exercise.
7. Inner cleansing. While face washes do the outer cleansing, cleanse the inner body with blood purifiers like Safi or buy drinking neem and/or aloe vera juice.
8. Finally, breathe. Relax. Pimples aren’t rocket science. They are manageable. Love your skin!