IndiSpire (by IndiBlogger) has come up with this beautiful prompt by a fellow blogger, “What would your dream library look like? #DreamLibrary” Since the time I saw this prompt, I was jumping up and down. I was so happily jumping that I forgot to write until my friend reminded me today that they will close the link tomorrow. Before actually going into what my dream library should look like or anything, I have few confessions to make. Being a writer is a really interesting and weird job. Yeah, it is like living 1000 lives. Well, to write a one page write up it is mandatory to read at least 30 pages (exceptions do exist). Thus, writing and reading have become harmonious with each other in my life. Well, let’s cut my rants and move on to the confessions.
#1: The Look On My Friends’ Faces When They See My Room For The First Time:
My Friend: What are you?
My Friend: You live in a library!
Me: Huh, yeah. I read a lot.
My Friend: This is not reading. This is living in imaginative world.
Me: I am honored.
My Friend: What are you currently reading?
Me: *picks 5 books and shows*
My Friend: 5 books? *faints into my couch*
#2: That Reaction My Mom Gives When I Say That I Will Clear Up The Books:
My Mom: Why you need 10th grade English Book?
Me: Christmas Carol. I have written some notes here and there.
My Mom: Why you need your 9th grade English Book still?
Me: Because there is this Missing Mail story which I love. I love to read the exercises I did in class 9 at the back of the lesson.
My Mom: Why the hell you have a Maths Textbook of grade 8?
Me: Algebra basics mom and the cover look cool.
#3: That Look On My Friend’s Face When They Ask My Weekend Plan is
Friends: What are you doing this weekend?
Me: Reading & Writing
Friends: What you do in the weekdays?
Me: Read & Write!
Finally, coming to my dream library and how I need it to be;
- My dream study should be equipped with beautiful paintings (well, if space is left out on the wall)
- It should have a well equipped music system. Yeah, I love music and books together – the cocktail that keeps me high!
- The following are mandatory collections in my library;
- School Books.
- College Books.
- Newspapers (No, I won’t throw away old papers).
- Classics (list goes on and on. Shakespeare, Austen, Hardy are some of the favorites).
- Teenage Fiction (Agatha Christie, Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, etc)
- Kids Fiction (Enid Blyton Series)
- Comics & cartoon based short stories (both Indian & Firangi ones)
- Harry Potter FTW
- Vampire Diaries
- Indian Authors (CB, PS, DD, NS, RS, are some of the important and favorite ones)
- Sidney Sheldon row (a special row for SS works)
- Dan Brown.
- Sci-Fi Genre.
- Rom-Com Genre.
- Paulo Coelho Section.
- Tolstoy Section.
- Tamil Novels.
- Hindi Novels.
- Spiritual Books.
- My Journals Column.
- Borrowed Novels.
- Mills & Boon (ha ha ha, no upper age limits for this 😉
- Eroticas (50 shades is also accepted after a huge tug of war).
- Crime Thrillers.
Ooops… alphabets over but my book list doesn’t 😉
Finally, This is how I want one side of the interior to be. Rest all the 3 sides will be resembling the normal library!
To my future hubby (if at all you are reading this!): An old good saying goes, “the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach”. Likewise “right way to sweep me off my feet is through books, books, books, and well platinum is also graciously accepted” 😛 😀
You might love reading my blog novels;
Give it a read and share your views in the comments section.
Love & Cheers,