Many of you know me as S(t)ri – the blogger, writer, fashion freak, feminist, so on, and so forth. However, I am also this lovely little girl who tries a lot of things in kitchen. I have been cooking for past 12+ years, yeah I started cooking as early as when I was in 12th grade and I try variety of cuisines always. Why I don’t blog about them? Well, firstly cooking is not really my passion, secondly I really don’t get time to cook new varieties, click photos, and post them and finally there are lot of blogs dedicated for these purposes and one of my favorite is Padhu’s Kitchen and Aparna’s Kitchen.I try various recipes from there. Well coming to the topic “Moong Dal and Pyayz ka Pakora” – This is one of the some dishes which I tried all by myself without any recipe help. The reason I have put this here today is as a response to the Daily Prompt – Ingredients. This is a simple recipe and you can cook it in 15-20 minutes.
Preparation time: Overnight for Green Gram Dal
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
1. Moong Dal – Green Gram Dal (Soaked over night) – One Cup
2. Spring Onion (finely chopped) – 1/2 Cup
3. Green Chillis – 2-3
4. Salt – to taste
5. Tumeric – as required
6. Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tspn
7. Mint Leaves – 1/4 bunch
8. Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
9. Red Chilli Powder – as required
10. Oil – for deep frying
1. Grind together the soaked moong dal, green chillis & little salt; Keep it aside for a while.
2. To this add rest of the ingredients & some more salt & leave for a while.
3. Heat oil in a deep frying pan & fry this mixture in small quantities as you do for normal pakora / bonda.
4. Serve hot with green chutney / tomato sauce.
Love & Cheers
This was a recipe that was posted in my previous blog here.