Today is a quite lethargic day, so here is the bonus post for the day. This is a quick compilation to clearly explain if the someone you like or want to befriend is avoiding you. With the modern social media world and so much technologies and apps around we have more apps than the number of true friends we chat with. Apparently, unlike before these technologies give us a lot of benefits and advantages to connect with the one we like. However with all these technologies, corporate culture, etc how will you decide completely that if the someone you like, love, crush upon or want to befriend is avoiding you? If he/she has never spoken to you or if they are new it is hard to guess but if a friend or a well known person suddenly starts avoiding you then you can clear your doubts and be sure of the fact that he/she avoids you. All you need to do is get your notepad and jot down your answers; Here is a set of questionnaire that you need to respond with a yes or no.
- Does the person never pings first? Only you ping first?
- They don’t even send you customary good morning / good night also (or suddenly they stop sending)?
- They fail to attend your call even after so many times of you calling them. True?
- If at all they attend, they might say that they are busy, outside, office or parents are near-crap. Is it so in your case?
- They might be online in Facebook and see your messages but never reply to them or they reply late. Happened? (Thanks to the seen option of FB).
- He/She might be online on Whatsapp but won’t reply to your pings.
- He or she might chat in the group chats of FB or Whatsapp but fail to respond to you.
- If you ask them about this they will give lame excuses or ask you to chat with them via group.
- They will reply to your caring and concerned messages like “Where are you?”, “Did you eat?” also after an hour or sometimes they don’t reply even after seeing.
- When you see the conversation window it will look like as if only you have been chatting alone except for their occasional “Hmmm”, “K”, “Ye”, “Na”.
- Whenever you ask to meet them they come up with a lame excuse like – “My Dog is ill, am going to office on sunday, mom will scold, sister has exams, brother is having match, bike is left for service” – These may sound convincing but they are lame.
- Even if you send them that you are ill or set a status that you had an accident, they won’t respond to it. If you ask about it they will say that they didn’t notice and they will fake a false take care message.
- They won’t like your profile picture or at times they might like but won’t comment anything under it even when you upload the picture while they are online. (Same holds good for statuses too).
- If you meet them as a gang or in a group meet they will tactically avoid your eye-contact, touch or talking. They will behave very decently as if you are an acquaintance.
- This is the killer: If you finally call them and ask them are they avoiding you or are they angry they will call you as nagging and disturbing and also say that they can’t talk to you always. (However, at some point in past this person would have spent a lot of time with you).
If you have answered 7+ Yes to the above questions then you can be sure that the other person is not just busy or angry but is seriously avoiding you. Once you are sure about it, screw the attempts of trying to talk to them and get a life.
At times they might comeback to you when you stop texting or calling them. Reverse Psychology.
Give them attention, they will treat you like crap; move away from them, they will beg for your attention.
Even if these don’t work, then it is no use of playing violin at the back of a buffalo. Chuck them out of your mind and heart.
Disclaimer: This works in many cases but in certain extreme but common cases (few of my own friends who pinged me to add a disclaimer) it seems that they (guys) want a break and sometimes they are too busy to do these it seems. So confirm with them finally after answering this questionnaire. 😛 😀
Love & Cheers,