It is chill everywhere, isn’t it? I am so happy that the winter is finally here. I know your mind voices where the Chennaites are asking me where is winter in Chennai? In that case we will rephrase it as the cold season is here. I am so glad about the cold season. The main reason is that the chillness, the beautiful sky, the soft drizzles always makes me feel wonderful and fresh. Summer is my enemy, I at times doubt that whether I am a Vampire or what 😛 because Sun hurts me a lot. Well, talks apart, the main reason of this post is that this winter (which I suppose everyone loves) we have a big enemy to fight with. Do you know who? Well, our foe this season is our dry, patched skin. How are we going to beat it? Well here are my top 5 winter essential ideas for both guys as well as gals.
5 Must Haves This Winter
- Socks: Never, ever remove your socks except when you need to change it or when you have to bath or wash your feet. The socks not only keep your feet warm but it will also keep the moisture of your skin intact. You can optionally remove it often and apply moisturizer now and then. I use thick woolen socks on contrary to the cotton socks that I prefer in summers.
- Moisturizer: This is your major weapon this winter. This is like a wand to a wizard, the lapis ring to a vampire. This is your ultimate protection. Apply moisturizer throughout your body after bath, before sleeping and once in between in the exposed areas. I suggest Cocoa Butter based moisturizers or body butters from The Body Shop – They have 25% off on body butters too currently.
- Lip Balm: Opt for a completely good flavored and cream based lip balm because lips are most sensitive than any other part of your body. Re apply the lip balm whenever you feel as if your lips are getting dry or every 3 hours once. Don’t confuse this with lip gloss or lipstick. Lip balms are different and essential. I suggest Maybeline Color Bloom and Lotus Lip Balms for maximum protection.
- Shrugs: Shrugs are really essential this season. Be it a woolen or non-woolen shrug. Always sport one on your tops to protect arm pits, elbow joints from the cold weather. This not only protects your skin but also gives you a protection against cold and other diseases marching towards you this season. If your city or vicinity is colder, opt for woolen gloves also. Try Max Retails or Myntra – they have awesome offers on winter wears.
- Oil: Oiling your hair and body is mandatory this season. Take oil bath for hair at least twice a week and apply oil on your body before bathing daily at least for 15 to 20 minutes. This will help you to get a chap-free, anti-dry, glowing skin. Prefer more dense oils like Olive Oil or aroma based oils (if you are not allergic to the smells).
These are my top 5 winter essentials. Feel free to add more of your thoughts.
Love n Cheers,